Surf-X Array Probe
Highly flexible eddy current array probes
Introducing the Surf-X family of flexible Eddy Current Array (ECA) probes for MIZ-21C and MIZ-200 array instruments. Featuring unique multiple coil sets and proprietary X-PROBE technology, Surf-X array probes can quickly and accurately test a wide range of materials and geometries.
The Surf-X Array Probe can handle a range of inspection applications, from inspecting corrosion or cracking in pipes, pressure vessels, or tanks, to assessing and sizing cracks in raised welds and friction stir welds.
Innovative Design. Extreme Flexibility.
A key advantage of the Surf-X array probe family is the highly versatile and innovative design featuring interchangeable components for extreme probe flexibility and lower cost of ownership.
Interchangeable Coil Sets
With Surf-X array probes, users in the field can change a coil set in less than a minute enabling the probe to easily adapt to different materials and surface geometries at the inspection site. Choose the coil set for your specific inspection application:
- Surf-X Weld Array Probe Coil Set: Innovative and patent pending mix of array and +point coils. The +point coils find indications in the hard to inspect weld toes while the array coils quickly inspect the remaining weld and heat affected zones. Handles have been designed to make inspecting butt and t-welds a breeze.
- Surf-X Flex Array Probe Coil Set: Flexible probe allowing detailed inspection on all materials and many geometries. Ideal for testing rows of flush rivets, replacing handheld probes. Replace your dye penetrant testing on helicopter spars, train wheels or mining drums.
- Surf-X Low Frequency Flex Probe: Ideal for testing thicker plates to find both near and far side indications. Can be used with a bend radius of 2 inches or longer.
- Surf-X Tape Probe: Ideal for testing smooth surfaces and complex geometries such as turbine dovetails. Capable of finding very tiny surface flaws.
Versatile Electronics Module
The Surf-X array probe‘s electronics module and cable design offers breakthrough inspection efficiencies. This component can be used interchangeably across probe coil sets delivering material cost savings after initial purchase. With subsequent Surf-X array probe purchases, the module can be re-used saving time and money.
Surf-X array probes come with a highly versatile, detachable encoder that can connect in multiple locations on both the handle and electronics module providing maximum versatility when it comes to dealing with multiple positions as you probe. For cost efficiency, the encoder can be used and re-used interchangeably with all Surf-X array probe coil sets.
With interchangeable electronics module, detachable encoder and coil sets, Surf-X array probes provide flexibility and cost efficiencies like never before.
Wear Surface options
Surf-X interchangeable coil sets come with three wear surface options:
- UHMW for inspecting small indications on smooth materials.
- Cloth wear surface for protecting the array coils on smooth or polished surfaces. Ideal for airplane skins or smooth curved surfaces.
- SuperFabric for protecting array coils on rough surfaces like Butt and T-Welds.
For a lower total cost, excellent data quality and reduced inspection time compared to other methods, consider Surf-X array probes.
Cost-effective, highly portable eddy current array solution for surface inspections
When the Surf-X Array Probe is used along with the Zetec MIZ-21C Handheld Eddy Current Instrument, it’s one of the most cost-effective, portable surface array solutions in the market. This solution delivers significant inspection advantages over Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT) and Magnetic Particle Testing (MT).