Condensate Heat Exchanger Inspection
When tracking numerous complex indications at multiple locations in a condensate Heat Exchanger inspection, challenges arise when the type and severity of the degradation is unknown due to the limited capabilities of certain bobbin probe technologies.
In this particular example, a customer was faced with several questions to answer about their component.
- What is the degradation and root cause?
- Have the historical bobbin results been adequate for future use of the HX?
- Can we provide qualifying information in order to extend the life of the component?
Recommended Solution & Advantages:
Zetec offered a solution to qualify the historical bobbin indications in this component. Zetec recommended using a CXB4 probe coupled with the Velocity software and MIZ-200 Eddy Current instrument.
Velocity software combined with the CXB4 probe provided two separate (axial / circumferential) cscan/waterfalls. Each display optimized the analysis process by providing the user the ability to differentiate between axial and circumferentially oriented indications. This technology is unique in the industry and delivers a simplified approach to determining the orientation of indications.
The solution provided extensive advantages including:
- Excellent detection of cracking regardless of orientation
- Provides Array and Bobbin inspection in a single pass
- Industry-leading signal to noise ratio
- Remarkable C-scan presentations
- High level of detection in a rapid inspection
MIZ-200 Eddy Current Instrument
Inspection Confidence in Demanding Environments
- Industry leading data Signal to Noise Ratio for superior Probability of Detection
- Rugged, cast aluminum case designed to IP-65 spec for withstanding harsh environments
- Compact & Lightweight
- A/C & battery powered
Array and Bobbin technology combined
- Ability to detect and differentiate between Axial, Circumferential and Volumetric indications
- Fast inspection speeds with accurate, detailed results
- Ridged design for improved probe life
- Excellent detection of indications at expansion transitions and support structures
Velocity Acquisition and Analysis Software
Acquisition, Analysis and Data Management
- Auto Acquire
- Industry leading enhanced C-scan presentations – derived from software
- Tubesheet builder